EFFECTIVE DATE: February 2016
UPDATE DATE: December 2017
By visiting the Site, using or downloading the App, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. The Jinglz Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. Certain areas and features of our Site and Services require registration. To register you must provide your first name, last name, gender, year of birth, and email address. We also may collect additional optional information from you, including demographic information over time using polling and surveys; however, you are not required to provide us with this information, depending on the type of poll. Polls are not mandatory when you are posed with a question while watching an ad or to gain entry to the jackpot. Polls are mandatory for redeeming winnings. Specifically, when redeeming your winnings, you will be required to answer a single question poll prior to redemption.
Winners. Each winner allows Jinglz to use your first name, the initial of your last name, country and city without limitation or qualification, and without any remuneration, right or any other benefit other than the allocation of the gain. Your Facebook profile picture may be used in conjunction with your profile and account. You allow Jinglz to use this photo for any promotional purposes. If you oppose the use of your photo, you must submit a written request to email@example.com. Our database will store your rank in each drawing. After each drawing, you will be able to see the top ten (10) winners along with their ranking. A version may be released where you can view not only your own ranking, but also the ranking of “friends” participating, as compared to yourself. A version may be released that will allow you to search for users to view previous winners data, which may be available on the Site or on Facebook.
Camera Access. You understand that for the purpose of participating and validating you entry into jackpot contests, Jinglz must verify your engagement with the material and Services. Jinglz will utilize the camera on your smartphone or other camera-enabled accessing device to detect engagement by monitoring that you are able to watch each video in its entirety, by locating your face and related features that may include your eyes and nose. We may prompt you with a message indicating you try facing perpendicular to the screen or with more ambient lighting in order to verify engagement. On some devices, you must permit us to access your camera in order to use our App.
Information that We Collect About You from Social Networking Sites. You also may log into our Site and App through your social networking accounts, including: Facebook and Twitter. If you do this, we obtain information from these sites as follows:
Facebook. If you log into our Site or App using Facebook, you must enter your Facebook email address and password. We will ask that you grant us permission to: (i) access and collect your Facebook basic information (this includes your name, profile picture, gender, networks, user IDs, list of friends, date of birth, email address, and any other information you have set to public on your Facebook account); (ii) send you email; (iii) post to your Facebook Wall (“Wall”); (iv) access posts in your newsfeed; and (v) access your Facebook data at any time even if you are not using Facebook. If you allow us to have access to this information, then we will have access to this information even if you have chosen not to make that information public.
Twitter. If you log into our Site or Services using Twitter, you must enter your Twitter email address or username and password. By logging in through Twitter, you are granting us access to read tweets from your timeline and see whom you follow.
We store the information that we receive from Facebook and Twitter with other information that we collect from you or receive about you.
Any third-party social networking site controls the information it collects from you. For information about how they may use and disclose your information, including any information you make public, please consult their respective privacy policies. We have no control over how any third party site uses or discloses the personal information it collects about you.
Information We Collect Automatically. We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site or Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site, and the following: access time, browser type, device ID, domain name, IP address, page views and referring URL. We also may collect the following information about your use of the App: mobile device ID; location and language information; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version; your activities within the App; and the length of time that you are logged into our App. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your user name, name, and other personal information Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your requests, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To administer our customer loyalty program.
- If you have granted us permission to post to your Wall.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Facebook Users. Your username and profile picture will be visible to all other Jinglz users, regardless of whether they are your Facebook friends. In addition, when you join Jinglz, if you grant us permission to post on your Wall, a notification will be visible on your Facebook page telling your friends that you have started using Jinglz. The Jinglz App will also be visible on your Facebook page under “applications.”
- Jinglz Users. Your user name and any information that you post to our Site, including, without limitation, reviews, comments, posts about winnings, photos, videos and text will be available to, and searchable by, all users of the Site and Services.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
You acknowledge and release your right to Jinglz for the purpose of promoting and announcing your contest rank and winnings. This release includes individual contest winnings and cumulative winnings and earnings, through the above as well as through the use of electronic mail, press release, social media channels, television and print media.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We may use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, and to display advertising both on our Site and on third-party sites.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Third-Party Ad Networks
You may opt-out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information regarding this practice by NAI members and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt-out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: http://www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp (NAI) and http://www.aboutads.info/choices (DAA).
Opting out of one or more NAI member or DAA member networks (many of which will be the same) only means that those members no longer will deliver targeted content or ads to you. It does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content or ads on our Site or other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing. Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or DAA opt-out may no longer be effective. Additional information is available on NAI’s and DAA’s websites accessible by the above links.
User Generated Content
We invite you to post content on our Site, including posting to social media about your Jinglz winnings, your comments, pictures, videos and any other information that you would like to be available on our Site. If you post content to our Site, all of the information that you post will be available to all visitors to our Site. If you post your own content on our Site or Services, your posting may become public and Jinglz cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy. Winners will be able to view the results of other winners and friends on the Site.
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access To My Personal Information
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site or App for a period of time.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site, at https://playjinglz.com/terms-and-privacy-policy. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site, or sending a notification to the email address used to register your account.